I recently got a Droid 2 and I love it!! It took some getting used to as the battery does not last that long, and it is a bit more advanced – or as I say, complicated – than the Blackberry that I had before, but I still love it. I did find some small tips and things that I thought I would share. I hope it helps!!
Verizon Codes for after you get the phone
Here’s some verizon specific codes that may help you if you if you need to check something
- #832 – test call
- #PMT (768) – make a payment
- #BAL (225) – check current balance and last payment
- #MIN (646) – check minute usage
- #DATA (3282) – check txt and pic message usage
- *611 – customer service
- *511 – gives weather and traffic in some areas
- *228 – update your Perfered Roamers List or update the software on your Phone (CDMA phones only)
- *228 80 – force update, ignore fails
- *228 99 – force seconday tower update
- *228 00 – original tower update
- *86 – go to voicemail
- 1 – Rewind
- 1-1 – Rewind to beginning of message
- 2 – Pause
- 3 – Fast Forward (can be used when leaving a message to get to the beep faster)
- 3-3 – Fast Forward to end of message
- 4 – Slower
- 5 – Envelope Info (date/time message was sent)
- 6 – Faster
- 7 – Delete Message
- 8 – Reply (only works with other Voice Mail subscribers in your own area)
- 9 – Save message
- * – Cancel/Exit
- 0 – Help
- # – Finish/Skip
Useful Phone Tips
How to reset Droid 2
If your Motorola Droid is freezing and doing odd things then you can reset Droid to factory settings using a Android OS options or even if your device is not working and your are unable to turn it ON there is also another option to hard reset Droid phone. Lets see how to hard reset Droid to factory settings in both conditions.
NOTE: Everything that you have installed, added or imported in your device will be removed, so before performing Motorola Droid hard reset, backup your all device data. MicroSD data will not be affected by hard reset so don’t need to worry about it.
- Reset Droid
- Reset Droid (if Android OS is not loading)
1- Reset Droid
Press “Home” button, press “Menu” button and then tap on “Settings”.
Tap on “Privacy”
Tap on “Factory data reset”
Tap on “Reset Phone” button
Tap on “Erase Everything” button and your are done
2- Reset Droid (if Android OS is not loading)
If there is some major problem with your device and OS is even not loading then you can use this reset method to restore your droid.
Turn off your device.
Press and hold “Power key” + “x” until you get a warning sign
After this press and hold “Volume Up” + “Camera” buttons to show the recovery menu.
When recovery menu appears select “Wipe data/factory reset” option using directional keys next to the keyboad and press “Center” button to confirm.
Confirm the selection, wait for it to complete and reboot your device. You are done.